Monday, March 12, 2012

Padam Padam

Padam Padam: The Sound of His and Her Heartbeats aired at the end of 2011/beginning of 2012.
It stars Jung Woo-Sung and Kim Bum, who play prison buddies. The story takes on a supernatural element, as Kim Bum's character is really a guardian angel, but it's still a romance as it follows the relationship between the other two main characters. Padam Padam got rave reviews, however... I just can't get into it!

I don't know what it is, but I have been stuck on episode one for months. I just can't get past it. I know all about toughing it out until it gets better, but after 2 minutes or so, I'm just done with it. Even the lovely Kim Bum-ah can't save this episode! And that's saying a lot, since I suffered through The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry just to watch him. Granted, I watched it on hulu so I could scroll forward with the little time picture window to see just when he was going to enter. The ridiculously long commercial breaks on hulu were worth skipping over most of the boring plot.
The difference here is that there's one plot line as opposed to four, so I have to stick with the entire story to know what's going on. *sigh*

But I do know it gets better. Mainly because Bum-ah has many shirtless scenes ahead (noona squee!). And because the bromance between Yang Kang Chil (Jung Woo-Sung) and Lee Gook Soo (Kim Bum) is absolutely hilarious, as Gook Soo fiercely latches on to Kang Chil much to Kang Chil's dismay and embarrassment.

I just need to get past the uninteresting non-Kim Bum scenes and the suggestion that he could use a haircut.

Sources/Credits: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment